Business Development Associate
Full Time (Starting June 2021) - Vancouver, BC & Remote Ok
About TIMIA Capital Corporation:
TIMIA Capital offers flexible debt solutions to capital efficient B2B SaaS and software-enabled companies generating $2 to $20 million in annual recurring revenue. Our non-dilutive financing solutions complement or replace an equity round and provide access to a large amount of capital to help companies accelerate growth while retaining ownership and control of their business. For more information visit timiacapital.com.
TIMIA Capital is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Associate to join the Investment Team in Vancouver in 2021. The Business Development Associate will be focused on sourcing and building a sales pipeline; evaluating potential investment opportunities; and building relationships with intermediary and referral partners across North America .
This role is a dynamic associate-level position in a growing company with great opportunities for career advancement.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all aspects of outbound business development campaigns
- Source new investment opportunities through the outbound campaigns
- Conduct exploratory calls with decision-makers (CEOs, CFOs, and Founders)
- Evaluate investment opportunities with TIMIA’s propitiatory assessment process and analyze them against the firm’s investment criteria
- Attend one-on-one in-person meetings with decision-makers at industry conferences across North America
- Additional tasks requested by the TIMIA leadership team
What You’ll Need
- A completed post secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of finance, accounting, and interest in venture capital and technology
- 1-5 years of sales, customer service, or business development experience is advantageous, as is the proven ability to build strong relationships and overcome objections to achieve results
- Microsoft Excel and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills are a bonus
Who You Are
- You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and responsible team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have an analytical mindset that can evaluate investments and you also have the soft skills necessary to build relationships with senior leadership of high-growth software businesses
- You are willing to travel to industry conferences across North America
Does This Sound Like You?
To apply, please complete the form below. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation for this associate level role will consist of a base salary and performance-based bonus.