Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative – Full Time (Starting February 2020) – Vancouver, BC
About TIMIA Capital Corporation: TIMIA Capital is a specialty finance company that provides growth capital to technology companies in exchange for payments based on monthly revenue. This alternative financing option complements both debt and equity financing, while allowing entrepreneurs and existing stakeholders to retain ownership and control of their business. TIMIA’s focus is the fast growing, global, business-to-business Software-as-a-Service (or SaaS) segment. We align ourselves with entrepreneurial management teams growing their sales from $1 Million to $20 Million in Annual Recurring Revenue. For more information about TIMIA Capital Corporation, please visit www.timiacapital.com
Description: TIMIA Capital is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Associate to join the Investment Team in Vancouver in 2020. The Business Development Associate will be focused on sourcing and building a sales pipeline across North America and evaluating potential investment opportunities.
This role is a dynamic entry-level position in a growing company with great opportunities for career advancement.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all aspects of outbound business development campaigns
- Source new investment opportunities through the outbound campaigns
- Conduct exploratory calls with decision-makers (CEOs, CFOs, and Founders)
- Evaluate investment opportunities with TIMIA’s propitiatory assessment process and analyze them against the firm’s investment criteria
- Attend one-on-one in-person meetings with decision-makers at industry conferences across North America
- Additional tasks requested by the TIMIA leadership team
What You’ll Need
- A completed post secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of finance, accounting, and interest in venture capital and technology
- Six months of sales or customer service experience is advantageous, as is the proven ability to build strong relationships and overcome objections to achieve results
- Microsoft Excel and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills are a bonus
Who You Are
- You are a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and responsible team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have an analytical mindset that can evaluate investments and you also have the soft skills necessary to build relationships with senior leadership of high-growth software businesses
- You are willing to travel to industry conferences across North America
Does This Sound Like You?
To apply, please submit the form above.
Compensation for this associate level role will be comprised of a base salary and performance-based bonus