On March 22nd, 2022, Hum Capital joined together with TIMIA Capital and two experienced founders to talk about aligning sources of funds with uses of funds for the right capital combination.
The panel featured:
- Everardo Gomez, Managing Director, Hum Capital (moderator)
- Mark Bakker, VP of Marketing, TIMIA Capital
- Rick Brooks-Hill, Co-Founder, Goldpan
- Mike Togyi, Former CEO / President, Clariti Software
The webinar shed a lot of light on tactics and rules of thumbs that founders should use when deciding how to finance their business. Here were some of the highlights:
- Non-dilutive financing is good to consider when you really want to bet on yourself.
- There are many use cases for debt and non-dilutive financing, including cleaning up your cap table as well as refinancing.
- Before you go out into the capital markets, it’s crucial to have an explicit plan for how you will use the money, and that investment’s potential return.
- Perform diligence on your capital provider! You want to be sure they can and will be with you during the tough times.
- The private capital markets are rapidly expanding. Hum Capital is a marketplace to help you find the right partners.
A huge thanks to Mark, Mike, and Rick for sharing their wisdom!
Looking for non-dilutive capital?
TIMIA Capital works with B2B SaaS and software-enabled
companies between $2 – $20 million ARR.